Saturday, April 28, 2012

Positivity - 21 weeks 6 days

Last day of week 21. It's been an emotionally challenging week for me. It's probably the combination of finals, work and topped off with those wonderful pregnancy hormones. I can make it maybe 24 hours without sobbing. As a girl I'm already handicapped by hormones, but I swear adding those extra pregnancy surges...blech. I go from being completely rational to 180 degrees of irrational and inconsolable. How someone my size can make so many tears is beyond me.

I am mostly myself though. The usual disgustingly happy, giggly, talking way too much and a powerhouse.

I don't like being in these funks. I don't do sad or upset very well. And I'm upset about things that normally wouldn't get to me at all. Mostly anyway. Some are legit, but even legit, normally I wouldn't get quite so worked up. (Typically resolved with a good cry and a coke icee).

I'm a very positive person, I've always been. Very much glass half full kind of person. So I really don't like feeling negative. To counteract this nonsense I've decided to write down 3x a day something I'm grateful for, something as simple as; "I'm thankful for coke icees" or more meaningful, "I'm grateful for a the health of my family." Sometimes I need to put things back into perspective. More so now than ever.

Despite the crazy that is pregnant Alexandra Paige, Scarlett is doing great. I now feel her moving all of the time. It's such a weird feeling having her kick, punch, roll and body slam. I love knowing that she is healthy and strong. Whenever I need a pick me up I just lay down my hands on my belly and feel her doing ballet. She also has a thing for being up at night. She'll wake me up at 1am or 4am doing acrobatics.  I actually told her to go back to sleep last night. I've been having a lot of crazy-ass nightmares the past few weeks, I wonder if when I wake up from them she does too, or if she's already awake.

I've got some pictures of my now expanding waist line. Still looking a bit like I've ate too many donuts, but kinda like I'm pregnant. Kinda.




How far along? 21 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain: 6 1/2lbs as of 19 weeks
Maternity clothes? Wearing some maternity t-shirts. Not so much because I need them, because I have them.
Stretch marks?  Not yet, but I'm sure they're coming
Sleep:  A lot of nightmares and waking up to her tumbling
Best moment this week: Going to see Titanic in 3D IMAX with Amy

Miss Anything? I'm missing diet coke, regular coke just isn't cutting it
Movement: Tons, all day every day. I love it...usually
Food cravings: Coke icees, I need burger king frequent flyer points
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope not this week
Gender:  Scarlett!

Labor Signs: I would be horrified if I did
Symptoms: So emotional.
Belly Button in or out? Still pretty far in, however I feel like it's shallower 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy more than anything else. However, super emotional this week
Looking forward to: Work tomorrow actually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment