Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gummy Bear - 8 weeks

At 8 weeks I had my first doctors appointment. Of course the one day Matt and I have to drive 30 miles is the first big snow in Chicago. It took us 2 hours to get to Highland Park and 4 hours to get home. 6 hours to go 60 miles. Totally insane.

Poor Matthew. The first OB appointment is a doozie. It includes being asked a thousand questions, having a full pelvic exam, more questions, sitting and talking to the doc and blood work. I adore Matt. Poor boy had to sit in the room and watch while I had a pelvic exam. He's quite the champ. We saw Dr. Adis who is the only boy doctor in the practice. He's my favorite actually...go figure lol. He is totally old school and treats me like a daughter instead of a patient. I hope that he's the one who deliver's the baby.

The first appointment went well, everything looked good and we were overwhelmed with information. We then had to drive back in the snow. As if watching the mother of your child violated isn't enough torture, Matt had to sit for 4 hours in the car with me. Basically we laughed, listened to music and danced the whole way home.

That following Monday I went in for a follow up US to see how the baby was doing, after that bleed I wanted to make sure the baby was still ok, I had been spotting still. I couldn't believe just how big baby got in 2 weeks. Kiddo EXPLODED. Instead of being a little grain of rice with a heartbeat baby had a head, 2 arms and 2 legs and wiggled all over the place. HR was a whopping 168bpm!
I couldn't believe that baby was actually a baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment