Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pictures and Showers - 35 weeks 2 days

I have been slacking with catch up. It has been a crazy few weeks with everything going on.  So I'll do a speedy update...or attempt to.

33 weeks: Had my maternity shoot! Amy's friend who is a photographer took them for me. We went to Vehe Barn in Lake Zurich, which is more or less a barn on a forest preserve. I've never been there before. It was BEAUTIFUL. And freaking hot. At 10:30am it was 85 degrees with nearly 100% humidity. I haven't sweat that much in...forever. I was a bit skeptical on how my sweaty preggo butt would look, but boy was I blown away. The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. More beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I put them together into a hardcover book that I can give to Scarlett once she's older. I want her to see just how much she is loved and wanted. I picked a few to show, but they're all amazing






34 Weeks: The highlight of this week would absolutely be my second baby shower. This one was thrown by Amy and my mom. Both of them have put months and months of work into this party and it was obvious. The theme was Russian nesting dolls, lots of flowers and polkadots...it was something out of a dream. We had 33 family and friends total at the house, it was insanely overwhelming for me. I wanted to be able to sit and talk with everyone and really catch up, I was able to sit for a little bit but wasn't able to catch up how I would have liked. It was amazing seeing everyone, the support and love for baby girl and I is amazing. I can't believe just how many people love her. We got just about everything we need for when she gets here. There are a few small things I'll still need to purchase but overall we are incredibly lucky. Matt and Tyler went out to lunch during the madness and came back in time to mingle and help put some of our things built. I just can't express how grateful I am for everyone and everything in my life. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or wonderful day with some of the best people that I have the pleasure of having in my life. I've included some pictures, but it really doesn't do the party justice.

Candy bar

Amy's 200+ diaper cake!

Yes, my mother made this fruid salad stroller!

The insanity that is gift opening

Nesting doll cake

Flowers to the entrance

Bears onsie from her Auntie MaryAnne

Momma and me

CCG girls

Tyler and Matt putting together "baby rocket ship"

The day after the shower Matt and I went to Indiana to celebrate his dad's birthday. Unfortunately his mom and grandmas couldn't make it to the shower. I was bummed, but I was so happy that we were able to see his family again before Scarlett comes. We had a really lovely day, I even got to meet his grandmas! I absolutely adore both, they love their great grand daughter very much. It was so nice getting to sit and talk with them and actually get to know a little bit about them. We all had dinner together and really just sat and enjoyed each other. I really wish we lived closer to his family too but I love knowing that we have their support and love. 

35 weeks: Only two days into this week, but already a busy one. I've still been struggling with swelling and general feeling of ick. I am learning now that it's normal to feel uncomfortable and icky during the last few weeks...despite not wanting to feel miserable. To be completely honest I feel good about 90% of the time. I really only feel bad when I overdo it, which I did this weekend. I was hurting yesterday and ended up early for my weekly appointment. Did a 24 hour urine collection yesterday and today to check for overall amount of protein in my urine. Nothing quite like being tied to the toilet and your fridge....oh yes...fridge. You have to keep your pee cold lol. Poor Tyler saw the jug and though it was iced tea, luckily I was sitting at the kitchen table and was able to counteract that disaster. I had blood drawn today to make sure that my kidneys and liver and chugging along well. It's more for my peace of mind than anything, but when you've had high blood pressure and swelling for a month I don't think it's too outrageous.

Little love is thriving. My belly feels stretched to capacity. The idea that there could be a solid 5 weeks until she is born is a bit horrifying. Her and I are competing for space and she's winning. She's so big now that she is all the way up to my xyphoid process, she loves to pop her booty out and it is rather uncomfortable. I feel like she's trying to bust out of my gut. I can't wait till she drops into my pelvis and can't reach so far lol. I haven't gotten any feet in my ribs, but she does rub my sides with her heels. Lots of hiccups still, 2-3x a day. She is still utterly wonderful and I am so thankful that she continues to be healthy and strong. I am getting so excited to hold her in my arms, I'd say "I'm excited to meet her" but her and I have been on rather intimate terms for the last 35 weeks lol, we've already bonded. Gah. I'm just so stinking excited.

How far along? 35 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: A little over 30....sigh...
Maternity clothes?  My t-shirts are getting tight, but I'm still fitting into some of my clothes lol
Stretch marks? I swear they're coming, the ones I had before I got pregnant I think are expanding a bit
Sleep: Up peeing lots and not as comfortable as I've been in the past
Best moment this week: Baby shower and going to visit the Reichert's

Miss Anything? My body and sushi. I miss being my pre pregnancy side, and trying my best to enjoy these last few weeks with little girl inside.
Movement: Lots of booty popping
Food cravings: Mmmm...not really anything different
Anything making you queasy or sick: I get random spurts of nausea for no reason
Gender:  girl girl girl

Labor Signs: Nope, few weeks
Symptoms: Swollen (nice pitting edema),  nausea, horrible headaches, hip pain...the usual third trimester discomforts
Belly Button in or out? Starting to pop a little bit

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Kelsey's wedding this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment