Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Human Heater - 33 weeks 2 days

I have never been more hot in my life. Or swollen. Or irritable.

Up until the last couple weeks I have been thoroughly been enjoying pregnancy, now, I'm totally over it. I didn't think this day would come, where I would be so uncomfortable that I would just be dunzo with the whole belly thing. Remember when I said I wanted my belly so bad? Mom said not to wish that upon myself because in July I would be kicking myself. If I could kick myself, I would, but I'm too tired and my legs are too swollen.

It's funny. Pregnancy and Scarlett are two completely separate states/entities in my mind. There is my wonderful, lovely, joyous baby girl....and then there is uncomfortable, sweaty, big, pregnancy. Two totally different things. I am so very much in love with baby girl, I enjoy her thoroughly. I love her little hiccups, her sleep schedule and am even tolerant of being kicked repeatedly in my diaphragm at 2am. It's the whole pregnant thing I'm done with. I miss my cute, modest little belly that didn't cause fluid retention, increased metabolism and heat. I feel guilty because I really have had a dream pregnancy. No puking, no hair loss, little to no back aches, nothing really. It hasn't been until the last few weeks that all that goodness has caught up, and even still, it's really not that bad. I just have nothing to compare it to as far as more misery, so currently my pity party is only based on my experience. I keep being reminded it will only get worse before it gets better, I cannot wait.

I don't like complaining, but I can't help it. There's nothing else I can do but bitch and wait and grow the tiny human. I know nobody cares, but I can't help it. I do need to point out that I am aware of just how lucky I am that I have made it 33 beautiful weeks and have an incredibly healthy, wonderful little love nestled inside. And I am lucky. I would feel a lot better if it wasn't for the weather. I do just fine in the AC in little to no clothing, laying on the couch watching Anthony Bourdain. It's having to function in a million degree weather that is a billion degrees with humidity. I can't do it. Within 15 seconds of being outside my fingers swell to capacity and look like fat pink sausages (no exaggeration on the time). I'm now waking up fingers, toes and feet swollen. Before it took standing on my feet for some time before swelling began. Now it's more or less instantaneous. Tomorrow I have another doctor appointment to check on this swelling and also the protein in my pee. Fingers crossed it's just the heat and not preeclampsia.

Ok, ranting done. Aside from my discomforts I've been disgustingly busy and disgruntled. Everything is coming to a crux and I'm just plowing through trying to get everything organized and finished before baby girl makes her appearance. I'm halfway through the quarter so a lot of things are piling up needing to be done. Every single weekend until the 11th is full, either with work, weddings, baby showers, etc. I've never been so busy in my life, and go figure it's when I'm most pregnant lol. I love busy, but I'm definitely noticing that I'm slowing down, it's hard for me to keep up.

Last weekend Mom and I were up in Waupaca for Kelsey's bridal and bachelorette party. It was, in July fashion, hot. BUT it was wonderful. It was great being up in Wisco and surrounded by family. It was my first bachelorette party ever and a blast. Alyssa did a really beautiful job for Kels, I really wish I could have gotten stinking drunk, but it was still sooooo much fun being with Kelsey and her friends. Plus, I got to rock out in a bikini on a pontoon boat. Life is good.

Kelsey and I at her bridal shower 

Kelsey floating on the wiener

SHOT SKI!

So wrong....so wrong

Sweet baby girl

How far along? 33 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: Find out tomorrow
Maternity clothes?  Well, I discovered my jeans no longer kinda fit...
Stretch marks?  Tummy still looks good, however I feel like I wont be so lucky for much longer
Sleep:  It's really hit or miss at this point
Best moment this week: Spending time with friends and family in Wisco.

Miss Anything? Feeling like a normal human being
Movement:  Girl is busy
Food cravings: Decaf iced hazelnut coffee with 2 splenda
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender:  Scarlett Alexandra!

Labor Signs: No thank goodness
Symptoms: I'm so effing swollen :(
Belly Button in or out? I think it's going to pop out soon

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Maternity pics tomorrow and lunch with Mrs. Reichert and Mama on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment