Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life, Love and Liberty - 32 weeks 4 days

Last week was my FAVORITE holiday, I love love love 4th of July. Under non-knocked up circumstances this day includes parades, booze, watermelon, BBQ and fireworks. Which are all of my favorite things. AND if I'm really lucky Wisco gets thrown into that mix. This year we went up to Waupaca to Aunt Linda's house (we went last year too!) normally it falls on the Sunday before the 4th but this year it was on the actual day. Unfortunately it was 104 degrees outside and humid, which is hell for me. Thank goodness for AC.

This was an extra special 4th of July this year, Aunt Linda, Aunt Terri and Kelsey threw me a baby shower for the family. After the usual BBQ lunch the ladies went downstairs and we had my shower. It was above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. I was just thrilled that I would be able to celebrate with my Wisco family because I knew it would be difficult for everyone to come down to Chicago for my Chase family and childhood/highschool/college/nursing friends baby shower. I thought we would all just be sitting together and chatting, I didn't expect it to be anything fancy. I was blown away, the colors were pink, white, red and black with polka dots. It was absolutely beautiful. Terri made chocolate covered strawberries and cherries and Linda had a baby buggy cake made for me AND homemade punch. She even made me a sash that said "Meet Baby Scarlett 9/3"



We played several totally darling games, and I really am slacking on my nursery rhyme knowledge...surprisingly. I was generously given incredible gifts for baby girl. Tons of books, diapers, clothing, blankets and more. Everything was wonderful. Arizona Grandma sent her gift out from AZ, I was blown away by what she gave baby girl; silver first curl and tooth boxes with her name on it. First gift that I've received that has her name on it AND from her Great Grandma. It means so much to me, I know that she'll treasure the gift when she's older. Great Aunt Glenna also got some tears (ok sobs) out of me. When I was born my great grandma made me a beautiful afghan blanket that I fondly called my "scuchy blanket" that I would sleep with. Great grandma passed away several years ago and thus her baby gifts of handmade afghans. I was honestly heartbroken at the perspective that Scarlett would not have her own afghan made by loving grandma hands. Her Gigi is making her a cross stitch blanket (her own tradition for 20+ years) which is stunning, but it's different than an afghan. Great Aunt Glenna made her great great niece an afghan blanket. Opening up the package sent me into tears of missing my own great grandma and feeling so incredibly lucky that she loves little lady enough to make her something so special. I'm in tears just writing about it. Great Aunt Jill also made a beautiful handmade scarlet covered hat and matching booties. So darling. I just feel overwhelmed with emotion from all of the love and support for her and I and every single gift and card we received. I know that every mother feels that there child is loved the most, but honestly, I think that Scarlett is the most loved child on this planet.

Car seat from the Brooks' girls

Darling clothes, diapers, booties, necklace, gift card from wonderful my aunts and cousins

Blankies!

Books

Aunt Glenna Blanket

Aunt Jill's hat and booties

Bath supplies

Opening up the sweetest cat jammies from Aunt Chris

Big hugs to my Great Aunt Linda

The rest of my week went by pretty well. except for the weekend. I worked on Friday and Saturday....on Saturday I was with Dr. Pio (poor Pio always gets the worst of me) and while I was on shift I ended up having an aura I guess. Out of my right eye I had a horseshoe shaped sparkly rainbow and lost all my peripheral vision neither of which has ever happened before. Sarah took my BP which was 153/98....now, as a preggo your BP is lower due to all the vasodilation going on, normally mine is 112/55. Having high blood pressure can be a warning sign that you're experiencing a very dangerous complication of pregnancy, preeclampsia. Sarah and Dr. Pio wouldn't even let me go to my own OB, I was wheeled right up to labor & delivery at Condell. My BP stayed high for about an hour and my aura lead to a horrible migraine (never had one of those before). Luckily my labs came back perfect and after some pushing was allowed to be discharged. HOWEVER when I got home I noticed my ankles were swollen with 3+ pitting edema, that was totally new for me. I called my OB, let her know I was in L&D at Condell being evaluated for preeclampsia and that I had the new onset edema. She told me to sleep on it and if it wasn't improved I had to go to L&D at Highland Park Hospital in the morning. Low and behold my ankles were still puffy so back to L&D I went, high blood pressure again as well. Spent a solid 4 hours being re-tested and monitored. Luckily everything is ok and baby girl is perfect. I just have to go in weekly now to have my urine tested for protein and have my BP monitored. Total pain in the ass but I feel better being monitored closely. Had my first check up yesterday and there was a little bit of protein in my urine but my BP is fine. I'm on a low sodium diet, 8 glasses of water, lay on my left side regime. 

Tomorrow Mom and I head up to Waupaca for Kelsey's bridal and bachelorette party, should be a wonderful and busy weekend. Lots of pictures to follow!

How far along? 32 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: 2lbs in 2 weeks, I think I'm at 22lbs now? 24?
Maternity clothes?  Depends on the day, none of my cute summer dresses fit. Bummer
Stretch marks?  Not that I've noticed (fingers crossed!)
Sleep:   Horrible last night, had scary ass zombie dreams :(
Best moment this week: Get to see Matt twice this week, always a plus.

Miss Anything? Not getting winded while cleaning or doing anything really
Movement:  She is a nut today, not sure why
Food cravings: I wanted candy canes this morning, clearly not happening in July
Anything making you queasy or sick: Reflux is finally under control. Thank you Zantac!
Gender:  bebe girl

Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Swollen fingers, feeling worrrrrn out.
Belly Button in or out? More shallow these days

Happy or Moody most of the time: Stressed earlier this week, looking better towards the end of the week though!
Looking forward to: Wisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment