Sunday, July 1, 2012

Little love bean - 31 weeks even


Hurray for Sunday! It's my favorite day of the week, 9 weeks till baby girl graces us with her ever fabulous presence.  We had a good rest of the week. Yesterday I had my check up, lucky for me I get to do the treck every 2 weeks now! I know it's important to make sure lady is doing well, but it's such a waste of gas. I go in, pee in a cup (I've peed in more cups in the last 7 months than is necessary) I go get weighed, have my blood pressure done and then am left to my devices till the doctor comes in. She asks me how I'm feeling, measures my fundus, listens to her heart and done. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes. Unless, of course, they're running 45 minutes behind and I'm stuck in room three (that has the vagina art on the wall) and am stuck playing Bejeweled and humming. Prior to pregnancy when left in the room I would go through all the drawers, but now that I know what is in them all, it's no longer entertainment. Scarlett is cooking well, my fundus is at 30cm, aka 4in above my belly button and is now pushing all of my internal organs upwards. Sigh. Her heart rate is fantastic, as Dr. Kim said "She's strong...and feisty!" Yes, yes she is, she's her mother's daughter.  I expressed my concern on not being able to push her out my chacha , Dr. Kim laughed. Actually laughed. And informed me that my chacha will accommodate her body. I still disagree.

Currently my darling daughter is hiccuping slightly left of my belly button and getting increasingly irritated with them. She had them this morning for about 10 minutes, after trying to get her to move for her Papa he FINALLY got to feel her, hiccuping none the less, and also got kneed. She has been kneeing my left side most of the day, it feels like a smooth ball when she does it. There was lots of wiggling today, I had a bad night last night with my reflux, I was up just about every hour. She slept the entire time, I was actually concerned enough to poke her until she rolled over and fell back to sleep. She was then promptly up at 5am when I was trying to go back to sleep. I imagine her and I will be having conflicting sleep schedules.

Tonight we went of to the Albert's for dinner. My cousin Mimi was in town from New York and I haven't seen her since October. She has yet to meet the bump and was smitten with her cooking cousin. We had a full house, her boyfriend was there, Mimi's best friend Amy and her bf, my aunt, uncle, my parents and I. We had a cookout and thankfully ate inside the house. It was great catching up with everyone, I stuffed my face with desserts and decaf coffee....it was amazing. Mimi and Aunt Diane were able to feel baby girl. She didn't do much moving, but they were able to feel her whole big body. Mimi started crying, which in turn just about made me cry. I love how happy Scarlett makes everyone around her. She is just so wonderful. I just love my little bug. I'm already beginning to miss her neatly tucked in my belly, and the time we have before I got to bed when I just lay and enjoy her dancing around. It's such a unique and beautiful experience, I just love it. 

I'm gearing up for a busy week. Class/clinical Monday and Tuesday,  Forth of July/baby shower 1 on Wednesday, work this weekend and Chelsea's bridal shower. Lots of dress wearing and family and friends. 




How far along? 31 weeks even
Total weight gain: 6 since last time...ick
Maternity clothes?  Not currently, I'm in spanks and a dress
Stretch marks?  I don't think so
Sleep:   Not well at all last night
Best moment this week: Dad finally getting to feel his baby grand moving around

Miss Anything? A beer, I just wanted a beer tonight
Movement:  Busy little thing
Food cravings: Hmm, nothing new, just the usual
Anything making you queasy or sick: Reflux otherwise no
Gender:  girl girl girl

Labor Signs: Negative
Symptoms: This stupid reflux, also I get swollen fingers and the top of my feet.  Super goofy, super uncomfortable
Belly Button in or out? Still hanging out on in the inside

Happy or Moody most of the time: Kinda moody
Looking forward to: Seeing Matt tomorrow and of course the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment