Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grouchy Old Man - 30 weeks 2 days

Today we had my 30 week ultrasound to check on my dermoid AND get a sneak peak at baby girl. Matt and I both managed to be late... separately...so I was all in a tizzy about us being late, I hate being late. My dermoid looks great (as great as a tumor with teeth can look), it's actually shrunk a bit in size, they were concerned that it would be growing like crazy after it doubled in size in 12 weeks. I am so relieved that it isn't growing crazy anymore, I'll still need it out but I'm hoping that since it isn't growing like it was before I can wait on getting it out. Not sure what my doc will say, but we'll see.

Baby girl looks great. She's measuring perfectly (heart, brain, spine, femurs, kidneys, stomach and amniotic fluid). Did get a little bit of a surprise on her weight....The tech says she's clocking in at 4lbs! Normally at this age they're about 3lbs. She's still in the 75th percentile which is still normal, just a little big. I'm kinda concerned how much she is going to weigh when I try to squeeze her out my crotch. Scarlett was true to Scarlett fashion and was stubborn. First try she had her head facing my spine and was sitting on her feet so we couldn't look between her legs. I was sad when all we left with was a 2D picture of her side face, she called us back in because it was going to take the doctor some time to look at my dermoid scan so she had my dance, jump, wiggle and hip check to get her turned from behind my right hip. Remember how I mentioned I get hiccups in my hips? That's because she likes to bury her face behind my hips...go figure. After much persuasion she turned her head and gave us the most pouty old man face. She was not really thrilled about being jostled around, but OMG is she beautiful.

Pouty face

Her foot is indeed over her head

Beautiful, perfect, cherub lips

Seeing her face had me awestruck. She is perfect. Her cheeks are ridiculous, and she already has her pouty look down which will have her Daddy giving into her every whim. She absolutely has her Daddy's nose and my cheeks and lips. I couldn't stop giggling like a little kid looking at all of the pictures they sent us home with. Her pouty old man face kills me, she made little sucky faces with her mouth and was resting on her hands. It's crazy to think that she's a baby. She actually looks like a baby and not like an alien like she did before. I am so excited to have her in my arms in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment