Monday, June 4, 2012

Three is the Lucky Number - 27 weeks 1 day

Ah yes, the number 3. I love the number 3. 33 is actually my lucky number. I was born on the 3rd too which makes 3 extra awesome. Scarlett is due September 3rd, she will be make our little family three. I am also in my third trimester this week and three months till baby girl is born!

It's been a relatively uneventful week. Scarlett is doing fantastically. She gets hiccups about once a day now, it is a weird feeling having the little blips in my belly. I can tell where her head is based on the blips. Sometimes she's transverse, breech or actually in the correct position; head down. The longest she's had em is 5 minutes. I wonder if I drink water if that'll help lol. Lots of fish flopping from my little bass. She's over a foot long and packs a lot of pressure. It's such a weird feeling, but I know that I'm going to miss having her snuggle close inside of me. There are days where I'm so excited to not be pregnant anymore, and other days I already miss it. I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm not particularly uncomfortable, but I'm not really comfortable either. Mostly I know I'm going to get a whole lot more uncomfortable in the next 13 weeks. I'm still most comfortable when I'm walking, which I do a lot. I get winded fast, even worse when I'm talking. I don't like sitting much anymore, I sort of have to lean back and sit with my legs wide open for my hips. I'm quite the scene these days.

Mostly though I love being pregnant. Scarlett is such a joy to carry around, she is a lovely baby. Pregnancy is such a beautiful state of being. A gross one, but absolutely beautiful. It is such a privilege having the honor of carrying a child. It truly is a gift. It's not a state of being I take lightly, I want to insure that she has the best start in life and is grown surrounded by love and safety.  One of my absolute favorite things is having my belly rubbed and touched. Not strangers or anything like that, but my friends and family. People are always nervous about touching which cracks me up, like it's ok to touch, no you wont hurt her. I've just always associated hands with support; you hold hands, work with your hands and help with your hands. It just feels like having positivity transfered to her. I always fall asleep with my hands on my belly, sort of cradled now that my belly is bigger. I just love it.

Matt was over last Wednesday, I attempted coconut shrimp, and burned it slightly. BUT my potatoes and rolls turned out really good. Matt is such a sweetheart, champ ate the crispier than normal shrimp. I'm trying my best to cook for us, and show him that I am capable of taking care of us. I'm determined. So I fed and gave him beer and of course had him lay in bed to feel his baby girl. Normally he just destroys my bedding, but he burrowed himself under the covers on his side with his hand on our daughter. She was pooped after our hectic day and was asleep. I was just talking quietly to Matt and after about 2 seconds he was lightly snoring. Totally conked out with his hand on my stomach. The two of them sleeping and me stuck in the position trying not to wake either of them. After 30 minutes I had to move his hand to pee, he ended up sleeping for an hour and a half...Even sleeping and snoring, I'm always happy having him next to me.

How far along? 27 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: More than 8 I'm sure, I'll find out Friday
Maternity clothes? I bought a maternity dress for Alyssa's baby shower/ Mikal's wedding
Stretch marks?  None on my belly
Sleep:  Getting better finally
Best moment this week: Matt falling asleep with his hand on my tummy (I'm such a sucker)

Miss Anything? Having a beer, I just want to have a beer with my friends lol. 3 months!
Movement: I love my flip flopping fish
Food cravings: Coke still, chocolate, cantaloupe
Anything making you queasy or sick: Steak, ick
Gender:  Scarlett Alexandra Reichert

Labor Signs: I had some Braxton-Hicks last Wednesdays
Symptoms: Reflux and shortness of breath
Belly Button in or out? Sucker is in

Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy
Looking forward to: This weekend! Going to Brittany's wedding on Saturday and Wisco on Sunday for Al's baby shower


No comments:

Post a Comment