Sunday, May 27, 2012

Squirmy Worm - 26 weeks even

26 weeks today! I love Sundays for this very reason.  Since last time not too much has been going on. Still lazy with school, enjoyed my NICU experience and worked a ton in the ER. Trying to save as much money as I can before she gets here. I'm doing pretty well I must say. My belly has expanded even more this week. I know I said that last week, but holy cow, she is growing like crazy. I think I say every time how much she moves, but she is moving even more. It's not a lot of tumbling, more stretching and flailing. A lot of rolling lately. She feels like a fish. I know that's a weird analogy but that's what she feels like, a big fish.

I've always said that I am my happiest when I'm with Skylar, Brooklyn and Jordyn. They are the light of my life, I love those little girls more than anything and am my absolute happiest when surrounded by these three little blessings. I remember telling my mom the first time I held Skylar that I couldn't imagine feeling happier or more in love with anyone or anything.

I can now add one more thing that makes me feel that way. Thursday Matt was over for dinner (Yes, I made dinner, by myself and neither of us got sick/died) and we always lay in bed so he can feel her dance, she's been feister lately and reacts a lot more to being poked and jostled. I wonder if she thinks it's a game; when you poke, she pokes back. Well Matt was doing his usual shake and jab, and blowing raspberries on my stomach. She went to town, kicking and rolling, probably the strongest I've ever felt. This made Matt light up, laugh and continue to poke. He got close to my belly talking to her, kissing my stomach, all the while his lips on my belly. Scarlett gave him one quick pop to the mouth which through him into a fit of laughing and a frenzy of more kisses. Watching the two of them interact was indescribable. Him laughing, smooching and talking to her while she wiggled, kicked and rolled just made me feel complete. The love the two of them have for each other made my heart overflow, I'm the luckiest girl in the entire world for the two of them, I can't imagine my life without him and her. I could have laid there forever watching the two of them, feeling her move, having my globe of a stomach kissed by him, it was just perfection. I cannot wait to see them together once she's born. I know they will tag team me and make it impossible for me to say no to them both. She's already got him wrapped around her little finger, and soon he'll have her wrapped around his. She's going to be a Daddy's girl. I love them.

Nothing else this week compares to that. Scarlett's been busy growing both herself and her home, I've been laying in the pool trying to get us both some vitamin D. And yes, I am wearing my prepregnancy bikini....plan is to do so and not buy new bathing suits! This is my last full week of 4th quarter and I'm ready for the nearly two week break to hopefully gain some motivation to do work as well as organize my endless baby stuff!


I also took some baby pics of mine and some of Matt's to compare and contrast. Scarlett is hands down going to be the most beautiful little thing in the entire universe. I cannot wait until she's here (please wait till September kid) to see what she has of me and of him.



How far along? 26 weeks even
Total weight gain: We'll see on the 8th 
Maternity clothes? Nope, still fitting into my clothes, bikini included
Stretch marks? No new ones
Sleep:  Horrible, reflux is the worst.
Best moment this week: Thursday watching Matt and Scarlett.

Miss Anything? Prepregnancy body
Movement: Pretty much all of the time, I wonder when she sleeps.
Food cravings: Cantaloupe. Yum
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the reflux
Gender: Miss Scarlett

Labor Signs: No braxton hicks or anything
Symptoms: Reflux, constantly
Belly Button in or out? looks goofy, but wayyyy in

Happy or Moody most of the time: So incredibly happy
Looking forward to: My break 



No comments:

Post a Comment